Forget meat ‘n potatoes, this is simple, wholesome, and uniquely delicious. My Poultry Seasoning makes it ridiculously easy.
Chicken & Mushrooms
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 chicken large boneless breasts, split and pounded to 1/2″ thick
- 1 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt (Indian Black Salt recommended)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- You’ll need a roasting pan that can be used in the oven and on the stove. Get that out while you preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the Poultry Seasoning and salt.
- Lightly oil the bottom of the pan. Cover evenly with 1 tsp of the seasoning.
- In a bowl, mix the mushroom slices and 1 tsp of seasoning.
- Place chicken in the pan, and cover with the remaining seasoning. Cover chicken evenly with the mushrooms. Cover pan tightly with foil, bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover, move the roasting pan to top of stove; quickly plate the chicken and mushrooms (recommended on rice, risotto, pasta or potatoes).
- Pour red wine into pan and stir thoroughly over high heat 2-3 minutes until bubbling hot. Try to loosen all the bits and pieces from the bottom of the pan!
- Pour pan sauce over dinners and serve — hopefully you saved some red wine for dinner!