Bright, tangy, herbaceous flavor complements dark meats such as beef and lamb particularly well, especially in summertime dishes for quick easy grilling. This recipe is a simple marinade using cilantro and chervil for awesome steaks or chops with a “green” healthy flavor and aroma.
- 2 pounds meat steaks or chops of your choice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp coriander leaf (cilantro)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chervil
- 2 tsp salt
- Trim the steaks/chops of excess fat and throw in a zip-lock plastic bag.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and coriander leaf (cilantro), and blend on low for 15-20 seconds.
- Keeping the blender on low, pour in the olive oil very slowly until fully combined.
- Pour the marinade into the zip-lock bag, press out as much air as possible, and seal. Set in the bottom of your refrigerator and let sit for at least 2 hours, or up to 2-3 days. Shake up the bag every so often to ensure the meat is thoroughly covered.
- Lightly salt the steaks/chops on both sides just before cooking. When ready, just cook the steaks/chops any way you’d like — I prefer grilling on a cast-iron skillet, 3 minutes per side, but you might prefer 4 or 5 minutes.