A staple of autumn, rich earthy and aromatic, and a treat before during or after the holidays… and it’s easy to make extra special with fragrant and warm Pumpkin Pie Spice — hope you enjoy!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Servings 1 pie
- 1 pie crust 9″ deep-dish
- 2 cups pumpkin cooked and mashed (or 15-oz can of pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the pie crust into your pie pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then stir in the mashed pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Still mixing, gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell, just up to the top of the crust.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 45 minutes. (To see if the pie is done, poke it with a toothpick close to the center; if it comes out clean the pie is ready, if there is filling sticking to the knife, bake another 10 minutes and test again in another spot.)
- Place the pie on a cooling rack (or just on top of your stove) and allow it to cool 2 hours before slicing and serving. Refrigerate whatever you don’t finish!
Sorry, I just can’t teach you how to make a pie crust yourself here, that’s a bit beyond my job description. Either find a simple recipe you like or just buy a pre-made one, I wouldn’t think any less of you.