Welcome to Melange Tea & Spice! Let’s get to the point, shall we?
No big surprise, but things have been an absolute mess throughout 2018 and have not gotten significantly better since ’19 got started, but believe it or not yes I’m still working on getting this store back up and running. It’s been an adventure, I’ll say that much.
But please understand that due to many, many factors (including the current U.S. government, the state of international trade relations, Philadelphia itself, and my personal circumstances) I cannot possibly have a timetable on when things are going to be back to normal. I hope you can understand and bear with me.
But yes things are getting restocked (see next section), and I’m even resurrecting some of my old essays.
Back In Stock!
Last updated 3/19/2019. The following products have been restocked recently:
Chamomile$5.60 Add to cart
Genmaicha 玄米茶$4.70 Add to cart
Ginger$3.40 Add to cart
Hojicha ほぅじ茶$4.20 Add to cart
Kandy$8.10 Add to cart
Licorice Root$3.00 Add to cart
Lychee$9.30 Add to cart
Rosehip$7.60 Add to cart
Scottish Breakfast$5.40 Add to cart
$7.40Add to cart
Sencha 煎茶$5.00 Add to cart
Spearmint$4.90 Add to cart
$8.00Add to cart
- The main thing is my teas and spices are 100% pure, with nothing added — no added salt, sugar, extracts, oils, flavorings, preservatives, or anti-caking agents. I absolutely hate that stuff.
- I offer high-quality spices, salts, blends, chilis, and loose tea, at reasonable prices — my prices are market-driven and fluctuate, and while things aren’t as affordable these days as I’d like them to be I’m trying my best to keep my prices as low as I can.
- Melange was the tea and spice store on the corner of 11th & Pine (1042 Pine Street). My name is Boris.
- I closed the store for many reasons, but I really like doing what I am damned good at doing, so I persist online and here we are.
- Cooking without spices is like painting without colors.
Don’t Give Up Hope, Those Who Contacted Me
So, there used to be a ‘send me a message’ form here. I apologize, but I’ve had to disable it. Like too many good things, this simple pleasantry was utterly ruined by irredeemably disgusting people bombarding it with spam and nonsense. I know some actual customers have tried to contact me and I will get back to you one of these days when things are normal-ish again (see above) — I just have to sort through thousands and thousands of messages to find yours.
Meanwhile, you can e-mail me at my first name at melange-tea.com. Sorry I can’t type my e-mail address out for you, but if I did, my mailbox would be destroyed by spam within days. That’s the world we live in. This way it won’t be destroyed for at least a few weeks.